Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

I Believe I Can Flyyyy...


The scene begins with Caitlyn wearing a black ski vest and a black directors cap. She enters a dimly lit room where Orlando Bloom sits, getting his Legolas hair braided. She is slapping her hand against the back of her official directors clip board and commanding the attention of the room. Extensive use of hand gestures throughout.

Caitlyn: “BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS PEOPLE!” *slap slap slap* “I NEED EVERYONE’S ATTENTION.”
The famous people in Makeup direct their attention to her.

Caitlyn: Thank you. *she feigns a New Zealander accent*  I wanted to let you all know, that I will be going to Lynchburg, Virginia to see one of my dearest friends next week, so I’m expecting you all to be at your personal best in my absence. Legolas, big battle scene this week, are you ready? I hate to miss it but as an important person, I have traveling stuff to attend to.

Orlando: How did she get in here?
Security enters. Lights fall. End scene.   

All that to say, I’m going to Virginia next week and I need your help!!
           I’ve never flown alone so any advice you can offer about navigating the airport, keeping my cool, or being a good neighbor to the people on the plane with me is SO welcome. *please make this advice actually helpful, not a thinly veiled horror story.*

More importantly though, I’m treating myself to two new books for the flights and I’d love to hear any recommendations you have. I’m thinking books that are whimsical, but not so absorbing that I won’t be able to pull myself from my reading trance and hear them announce my flight. Light-hearted, preferably no disasters. You see what I’m saying here?

Please leave traveling advice and book recommendations in the comment bar below, and if you know me and can’t get that to work, emails or text messages are welcome. ;) I’ll be back soon with thoughts, a plethora of pictures, and certainly some funny stories from the trip.

xo,
Cate

2 comments:

  1. Whose my big girl flying all by herself? You are... Yes you are!! # 1 Arrive waaaay to early - gives you plenty of time to figure out where you are supposed to go without the nervous , rushed feeling. B. Pick up a copy of "The Glass Castle", by Jeannette Walls.
    # 3 refer to #1 on your return flight. Some peanut butter crackers in your carry- on is never a bad idea�� I'm so proud of you- much love !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!! Be safe!! If you get reeaally n r viuse, take 1/2 a tablet of dramamine!! Miss and Love you!!

    ReplyDelete