Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Food for Thought


Surprise! I have actually not fallen off the face of the earth, although blog activity on here might show otherwise.
       I’d love to say that I haven’t posted lately because I’ve been running marathons and doing extensive community service and other resolution-oriented things, but that’s unfortunately untrue. The thing is that while everyone else makes resolutions and buys running shoes and protein bars in January, I eat the truffles that I got for Christmas and pitter around in my pajamas. I read all the novels I received and watch classic movies. I eat a lot of soup. It works for me. By mid-February I usually get my gumption back and make some resolutions.
 
           Or rather, I run out of truffles and I panic a bit about putting on shorts.

         So this is mostly just a post to let you know that I have not, in fact, forgotten about you. Take heart, gentle reader.  
        To show you  my love, here are some things to keep you entertained while I eat my truffles. Ladies, and Gentlemen, Food for Thought:

  • The creator of Wall E, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo talks about the clues to a great story.
  •     Joy the Baker put out her winter reading list so I added basically all of them to my winter reading list. Don’t stay on her site too long though, or you’ll never come back here again, Imjustsayin.
  •    The latest from Shauna is on its' way! I say that like we're on a first name basis. Like friends kinda. Y'know? Nope? Okay.
 

Resolve to write more this year? Journal52 can help you! Each week they post a journaling prompt, all 52 weeks of the year. 
    
       Alsooooo, The Hundred Foot Journey is at Redbox. Please watch it and cry happy tears like I did. Then make your husband or best friend watch it with you and happy cry some more. Vow to buy it and start a French-Indian fusion restaurant with me.
 

                                 
  Literal food for your face:

Truffles for me, Truffles for you (then let me know how these are! I'll make them when I run out of Lindt truffles, hehehe.)

But if you're still on the resolution wagon, make Ina Garten's Roasted Cauliflower Snowflakes. It's the only food I'm loving more than truffles. So. Good.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment